Tuesday, September 30, 2008

self portrait project



It took me forever to get motivated about this project I just could not decide WHAT to do. Finaly I just tried to collage a whole bunch of things together that had significance to me. But nothing was related really and to top it all off I could not get the tablet to work, so simple tasks that should have taken me 20 minutes took me an HOUR to do on my teeny-tiny laptop mouse. Over all i put a lot of religous, family background and nostalgic symbolisim. I think that after taking in every ones feed back I am going to stick to a single color schemem and choose a few symbols with a relating theme to work in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So i chose to stick with a single color scheme and work the symbols into the figure so everything wasn't just floating around my head, much better effect i think and over all not al messy but still incorperating things that are important to me.

2 comments:

Marshall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marshall said...

You need to choose a few images on here that could be omitted, OR you could decrease the size of your head on here. Either way, you have to think of some way to activate the "trapped white space"... you could look in the NDDB and find a couple of ideas to go with.